Friday, July 31, 2009

"NO!"

"No!" What a wonderful word! I never thought I would be so happy to hear this word as I was when Charlie said it to me yesterday. I was trying to convince Charlie to come to me last night. He just wanted to run around and play and knew I was trying to get him ready for bed, brush teeth, etc. I told him to come here and he flopped on the couch and half-cried and clearly said "No!" twice. I was so excited to hear him talk back so clearly, shows he understood what I was saying and what I wanted to do. More importantly, he was vocalizing his own thoughts and intentions.
He also told me "wanna play with cars" when he was on the potty yesterday. Now, I know he didn't really want to play with the cars and was using this as a way to get off the potty, but, again, I was excited to hear him put together a sentence that I had never heard him say before. Tomorrow will go down as a very good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment